The login button isn’t responding – what can I do to login?
- On web browser menu click “Tools” icon and select “Internet Options”.
- In the “Internet Options” window select the “Security” tab.
- On the “Security” tab click on the “Custom level…” button.
- When the “Security Settings – Internet Zone” dialog window opens, look for the “Scripting” section.
- In the “Active Scripting” item select “Enable”.
- When the “Warning!” window pops out asking “Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone?” select “Yes”.
- In the “Internet Options” window click on the “OK” button to close it.
- Click on the “Refresh” button of the web browser to refresh the page.
- On the web browser menu click on the “Customize and control Google Chrome” and select “Settings”.
- In the “Settings” section click on the “Show advanced settings…”
- Under the the “Privacy” click on the “Content settings…”.
- Click on the “OK” button to close it.
- Close the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Reload this page” button of the web browser to refresh the page.
- In the address bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise” if a warning message appears.
- Click on the “Reload current page” button of the web browser to refresh the page.
- On the web browser menu click on the “Edit” and select “Preferences”.
- In the “Preferences” window select the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “Reload the current page” button of the web browser to refresh the page.